- Places on each course are strictly limited and you are advised to apply as early as possible.
- An enrolment is not valid until the deposit has been received and it has been confirmed in writing by Malvern College Summer School.
- Full payment (including any additional charges) must be received once the child’s visa has been granted, and in any event no later than 6 weeks prior to the course start date. If payment is not received by this date, Malvern College Summer School reserves the right to cancel the student’s place on the course and the deposit payment will be forfeited.
- If a visa application is refused, the full fees will be refunded subject to the conditions detailed below.
- Once the full fees have been received, students will be sent final course details.
- Please note that the initial deposit of £1000 per student is part of the full fee, and not an additional cost. Your deposit payment is required with your completed application form.
- If incorrect information or misinformation is provided in the application to Malvern College Summer School, we reserve the right to ask the student(s) to leave the course. In this case, there will be no refund of the course fees.
- Please contact us immediately if you need to cancel your course (see also Liability and Insurance sections).
- If you cancel due to your visa application being refused, your full fees will be returned to you less any administration costs, subject to the conditions detailed below.
- Refunds for any reason other than a visa application refusal will be granted at the sole discretion of Malvern College Summer School, and cancellation claims must be supported by documentary evidence.
- Bookings are non-transferable.
- Once a student has registered, name changes will not be allowed.
- Any amendments to the registration process, if possible and subject to availability, will incur an administrative fee of £50.
- Airport transfers can be organised for students who request it, provided they are in possession of a valid return ticket complete with a time and date. It is not acceptable to arrive with an undated ticket. Malvern College Summer School is not responsible for booking return tickets.
- Malvern College Summer School offers a free transfer service for students travelling in groups of 5 or more. If you are travelling on your own or in a group of fewer than 5, a charge may apply for your transfer and this will be confirmed by Malvern College Summer School once the travel details are provided. Transfer charges (if applicable) must be paid prior to the start of the course.
- It is essential that Malvern College Summer School is kept informed of any changes to the student’s travel arrangements. Students must not assume that Malvern College Summer School has received details of changes until they are acknowledged by us in writing.
- Malvern College Summer School always confirms travel details via e-mail.
- Students are liable for the cost of excess baggage and Unaccompanied Minor (UM) charges. Please check at the time of booking the airline’s arrangements for the payment of airport departure tax and the maximum luggage allowance.
- If a student is being picked up by an adult who is not the parent or guardian, Malvern College Summer School requires written authorisation and confirmation of the name of the adult picking up the child from the parent at least 24 hours in advance. The adult must provide photographic ID to Malvern College Summer School staff before the student is released into their care.
- Airport transfers will be either by car, minibus or coach. Trains or other public transport may be used at our discretion. Any student not requiring a transfer to an approved airport at the end of the course must be accompanied from the school by an authorised adult.
VISITORS TO THE COURSE
- It is a course requirement that all students attend their lessons. Any relative or friend who wants to take a student out during the course must seek the permission of the Course Director or their delegate at least 48 hours before the desired time.
- If the visitor is not the parent/guardian of the student, a signed authorisation letter from the parent/guardian must be received before permission is granted, at least 48 hours before the desired time.
- The visitor will have to provide photographic identification to Malvern College Summer School staff before the student is released in to their care.
- All students are required to be signed out and signed back in to Malvern College Summer School by the nominated parent/guardian or other authorised visitor.
- Student visas may be required from some countries, and obtaining a visa is the responsibility of the parents.
- Malvern College Summer School will provide on request the necessary visa support letter.
- If a visa application is refused, the following refund policy applies:
- Malvern College Summer School will refund the full fees, provided a visa is refused by the Entry Clearance Officer, and provided the parents have followed all the correct procedures.
- Malvern College Summer School will not refund a parent should the reasons for refusal be related to insufficient or incorrect documentation.
- Malvern College Summer School will not refund a parent should the parent not have applied with sufficient time for the visa to be approved. We strongly recommend that parents apply as early as possible to avoid any difficulties.
- In the case of a visa refusal, original documentation issued by the Entry Clearance Officer must be provided to Malvern College Summer School to qualify for a refund.
- Malvern College Summer School and Malvern College Enterprise Ltd have public liability insurance.
- Any liability of Malvern College Summer School to the student or parent or guardian, in respect of which Malvern College Summer School has insurance cover, shall be limited to the amount of such cover and any such liability.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to exclude any liability of Malvern College Summer School or Malvern College Enterprises Ltd for personal injury or death caused by negligence of Malvern College Summer School or Malvern College Enterprises.
- It is a condition of the contract between Malvern College Summer School and the student or their parent or guardian, that neither Malvern College Summer School nor Malvern College Enterprises Ltd shall in any way be liable to the student or the parent or guardian in the event that any service contracted to be supplied by Malvern College Summer School or Malvern College Enterprises Ltd becomes impossible to supply due to reasons outside of our control.
- Malvern College Summer School provides insurance cover as part of the course fees. This is specifically designed to meet the needs of our students coming on courses in the UK. There is no extra charge for this cover. Full details can be provided by Malvern College Summer School on request.
- If costs are incurred through the medical or dental treatment of a student, the parent or guardian is liable for this cost in the first instance. Should the parent or guardian wish to claim for these costs, they must do so directly with the insurers.
- It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure that appropriate insurance cover is in place for any musical instrument or other high value item brought by the student to the course.
PASSPORT, TICKETS & POCKET MONEY
- The student’s original passport and travel ticket must be presented at registration on arrival at the school and will be kept securely throughout the course.
- Pocket money can be handed in at the start of the student’s course. Malvern College Summer School recommends students bring about £50 pocket money per week.
- Malvern College Summer School will not lend or advance pocket money to any student.
- Students must be on time for all meals, classes, activities and excursions on the schedule.
- Students must keep their rooms tidy and make their own beds.
- Students must pay for any damage to property, equipment or rooms.
- No student of any age is allowed to drink or possess alcohol.
- Any student who takes or possesses illegal drugs will be required to leave the course immediately.
- Students cannot smoke at any time. If we find evidence of smoking in a building, that student will be asked to leave the course immediately.
- In the boarding houses, girls and boys may only mix in the areas agreed by the Course Director.
- Any form of bullying or intimidating behaviour is completely forbidden.
- Students must be in their rooms and silent at the time given by the House Parent (or delegate).
- The use of mobile phones will be restricted during the course and students may be asked to hand in their mobile phones at certain times of the day.
- The Course Director may allow students aged 12 or over to go shopping in small groups without the direct supervision of the course staff, unless the parent or guardian writes to tell us their child cannot do this. Students who do not obey the course rules or who repeatedly misbehave or do not follow the instructions of the course staff or otherwise disrupt the smooth running of the course will be asked to leave the College and the course immediately at their own expense, and no part of the course fee will be refunded.
- Unless the relevant child or their parent has requested otherwise, Malvern College Summer School will use images of attendees to keep the community updated on its activities and for marketing/promotional purposes, including:
- Internal displays (including clips of moving images) on digital and conventional notice boards within the school premises;
- In communications with the school community (parents, pupils, staff, and alumni) including by email, and by post;
- On the Malvern College Summer School’s website and, where appropriate, via relevant social media channels, e.g. Twitter and Facebook. Such images would not normally be accompanied by the child’s full name; and
- In the School’s prospectus, and in online, press and other external advertisements for the School. Such external advertising would not normally include pupils’ names. The school will only use images of pupils in suitable dress. Parents wishing to opt out must do so by email to Malvern College Summer School at firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL & MEDICAL CONSENT
- By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to your child participating in all excursions and activities listed in the programme. You further consent to Malvern College Summer School providing appropriate medical care in the event of an emergency.
ACTIVITIES / EXCURSIONS
- Please note that the programme and any activities and excursions listed are provisional and subject to change.